Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sick Days!

Illness descended on our home this past week.

I know that sounds super dramatic, but trust me, when you feel like crap and you have a sick and cranky and clingy two year old and a demanding newborn who is still waking up several times a night..... it feels really dramatic. S came home from work on Friday with and upset stomach, by Sunday L had a fever, dry hacking cough, and no voice, and by Monday I had a sore throat and an upset stomach. Thankfully L2 seems to have avoided all the germs..... one of the many reasons I am so thankful he is getting breastmilk even with all our nursing problems.

At the beginning of the week I was super annoyed. This was not a good time for sickness. Besides the fact that I have a newborn at home who I definetly don't want getting sick, I had stuff to get done. I had just started going to the gym again last week and didn't want to miss any more time, the house was a disaster and needed to be cleaned, the laundrey was piling up, and I had about ten million errands to run to get ready for Thanksgiving.

But sometime when life hands you lemons you need to make lemonade. And there was actually something kind of nice about being forced to pull out the sleeper sofa and cuddle with my two boys while we watched movies for three straight days. The laundrey and the mopping could wait, because my boy needed me. He needed to be held and comforted and I needed to be reminded that I don't have to jump right back into being a busy and productive bee.






And I"m glad that everyone seems to be feeling better now, just in time for the holiday tomorrow. Although truthfully I guess tomorrow won't be too much different from the rest of the week because we are planning on doing nothing but eating and lazing around and enjoying each other.




The most important thing is that L is feeling better. I hate it when my babies are sick. And I am excited to getting back to the gym and getting my house clean next week!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment