Sunday, September 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Part Two!

Ok, so I have been meaning to post since last weekend, but like most busy mama's out there now, suddenly I blinked and last weekend has turned into two weeks later..... crazy how that happens.

Anyway, after our small family celebration on L's actual birthday last Wednesday, we had his birthday "party" on Saturday. S's whole family came into town, which was great because we don't see them nearly often enough, and I love seeing how much in love S's dad is with his grandson.




Unfortunately it was a bit more of a grownup party, since none of our friend have kids yet ( Not to self: start hitting the park on weekends to make friends with mommy's with young kids for L to play with) but L still had a ton of fun and absolutely loved being the center of attention at his party. We saw old friends and family that we had gone too long without seeing, and our house felt filled with love and old memories. It was a great day.







While the adults sipped beer, chowed down on bbq and reminisced about old memories and what has happened in the year since L was born, my little guy flitted around like a regular social butterfly, showing off his walking skills and playing with all his new presents. I was very proud of him that he stayed completely happy and cheerful the whole time, despite the fact that we had a house filled with (what probably seemed to him) strangers, and he didn't take a nap all day.









 By the way? He LOVES this purple dinosaur!




And despite my over-analytical self stressing about decorations and food and drink, and possibly snapping at my dear husband a few times the morning of the party, everything turned out great, and I just cannot believe that my boy is a year old.







Happy birthday (again, and late!) darling boy! I love you more than words can say, and I can't wait for many, many more birthday parties!




No comments:

Post a Comment