Saturday, September 22, 2018

L turns nine

Our biggest little guy turned nine last weekend. Nine! I can't believe it's been almost ten years since I got that surprise double line on a pregnancy test, less than a year after S and I got married. I remember being equal parts terrified and excited. L has taught me how to be a mom, and every year he keeps teaching me more and more.

What can I say about L as he enters his ninth year? Well, he's in third grade. He is smart. Like, really smart. I'm constantly impressed and amazed by the inquisitive questions he is always asking, and how he looks at everything in the world and wonders about the how and the why. He is kind to everyone. He is funny, always working on new jokes and riddles to tell me. He is helpful and responsible, he is my child that I know will follow the rules and that I can count on to make good decisions. He has discovered a love of reading, and he is playing soccer, baseball and basketball. Basically, he is wonderful and we are over the moon proud of him.

Anyway, enough of the mushy stuff about my little boy, who is getting so big. If I keep going I will turn into a mess of tears thinking about the sweet baby we brought home from the hospital nine years ago, so instead I will leave you will pictures from his sleepover birthday party, where five boys descended on our house. It was a little chaotic, but all the attributes I apply to L go for his sweet friends too, and we love having them around!









No comments:

Post a Comment