Saturday, September 30, 2017

23 weeks!

Well, I have to say, for someone who doesn't love being pregnant, this pregnancy is kind of flying by and I'm feeling pretty good. I'll be 23 weeks on Tuesday, which is a little bit crazy. Baby will be here in about four months and we are more than halfway done! One nice thing about heading into the end of this pregnancy over the holidays is we are always so busy this time of year, and that definitely makes time go by faster! It's hard to believe that tomorrow is October, and we are rushing head first into all the holidays and L2 and R's birthdays!

So, let's see; what's been going on with this babe and me? Like I said, I've been feeling pretty good. I'm feeling big and definitely look very pregnant at this point, but I still haven't really gained any weight and I haven't moved over to maternity clothes yet. (Which is a good thing because we have not been able to find my bin of maternity clothes since the move!) The weather is finally cooling down here a little, which means I've moved into jeans and they still fit, although I"m not sure how long that will last! Just in the last week I've started to feel the baby move a lot and S has been able to feel him/her too! I always love when you start feeling them all the time, and when you know that it is actually them and not just gas! All of my food aversion and nausea are gone, thank goodness, and I"m not really having any cravings. If anything, I"m not overly hungry and I"m trying to stick to healthy food, although I am indulging in ice cream and oreos much more than I would when I'm not pregnant. I've still been going to the gym and doing a good mix of cardio and weights, and I'm trying to sneak yoga back into my routine since I know how beneficial that was during my last pregnancy and delivery. 

No real complaints, except right on schedule my rib pain and my pubic bone pain have kicked in. These are both awful and really painful and something I dread each pregnancy. The rib pain I have never really been able to do anything about, and the fact that the pubic bone pain in starting is making me think I may have to switch from the treadmill to the elliptical sooner than I would have liked. I also got my first charlie horse cramp in my calf this weekend, and I'm not looking forward to those again.

But, the most important thing is that baby looks great and is growing right on schedule. We had our twenty week ultrasound a few weeks ago, and it's always such a huge sense of relief when you walk out of there knowing everything is looking good! And we also held strong with not finding out if this baby is a boy or a girl! Everyone keeps asking me what I think, and I honestly have no idea. Some days I think it's a girl because certain parts of this pregnancy have been so different, but other days I"m sure it's a boy, because we always have boys! I guess we will find out in January!

Here's a few pics of our babe from the twenty week ultrasound! Boy or girl, they are pretty darn cute!



And a bump picture that I managed to take when I actually had real clothes on and hair and makeup done!










No comments:

Post a Comment