Thursday, January 5, 2017

Happy 2017

Happy 2017!

Seriously... how did that happen?

Also seriously.... I know I will say that with each passing year, but it will never not remain true. The years are flying by, and at the end each one I am surprised that it happened so quickly.

Anyway, As we ended 2016, our celebration was not about fancy parties, or loud clubs, or the perfect outfit. We rang in the New Year in the best way I can imagine: with some of our best friends, with our kids and their best friends, and surrounded by food and drink and laughter and games. It was all very relaxed, and supremely perfect.

Our silly, rag-tag, rambunctious group. Five boys all seven and under!


I mean we fancied it up a little bit with festive crowns, a backdrop to take pictures with and some party props!

 

 (I don't know if this video will play on the blog? It is my favorite from the night... If you haven't played around with boomerang you should!)


And of course, for every year since we were 22, I ring in the New Year with this guy. Because the year ahead would be nothing without him by my side.


 We bought sparklers and some little popper fireworks for the boys, which they were ecstatic about. Did I mention the five boys under seven part??? Yeah, they all also love fire!




And when the ball dropped at midnight we gave them all noisemakers and toasted to a happy New Year. 

OK, OK..... when the ball dropped in New York City we gave them noise makers and let them ring in the New Year.  It was only 10:00 here, but hey, they don't know any better, right? 



It was a perfect night, and luckily our friend live around the corner so we wrapped it up with them around 11:30 (I can't believe the boys hung on that long!) and were back on our couch in comfy jammies to toast the New Year at (the actual) Midnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment