Sunday, March 31, 2013

Family Visit 2013

We had our "Annual" Family Visit these past few weeks! It's become a bit of a tradition (at least over the last few years) That my sister and her family escape the cold Wisconsin springs over my nephews Spring Break and come enjoy the heat for a week or so. My parents always come down too, and it's become something that we all look forward too every year!

Can you tell L is excited?!?

This trip ended up being a long one, which was awesome because we got to fit in so much! One of the first things we did was let the boys have a big sleepover at our house. (My parents own a vacation home down here in the same area of us, so that's where everyone usually stays!) This was L's first sleepover, and he was so excited! He really worships his cousins and wanted to be with them every second that they were here!


We also did a camping trip again, just like we did last year. I love camping and we hardly ever get out and go anymore, but I have to say, it was a bit intimidating with all the kids! Everyone did good though, the weather was nice, and it was really nice to come home and shower after two days!



 I look like I have no hair! Just wearing a beanie! 



 L thought the fact that we turned out car into a bed was the best thing ever!

 L2 got a little worn out!



After we recovered from camping out next big adventure was taking the kids to the World Wildlife Zoo. This place is pretty cool, and like right down the street from us practically, but I admit that I have never been. It's just really super expensive!  But we went and it was enough fun that I think I'll be keeping my eye out for discounts so we can go again!


 Feeding the giraffes!


 The aquarium

 This was the point that L decided he thought the fish were scary!

And finally, we capped out an amazing visit with Easter Weekend! Unfortunately my parents ended up having to leave yesterday, and my sister and her family flew out this afternoon, but we still got to decorate eggs and have an Easter breakfast and egg hunt!

 My sister and out babies!!!! 


Baby cousins born two days apart!






We're all a little bummed out tonight, especially L, since everyone is gone now. The house seems too quite and it's strange not having a bunch of plans on the table tomorrow. I miss my family and these visits every year just reinforce to me how much I'd like to be closer to them!

So tomorrow it's back to normal life and normal routines!

No comments:

Post a Comment